Used Exmark- What Is It Worth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ed2hess, Jan 7, 2008.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Local dealer got a used 62" Exmark in that has the 27HP Kohler on it and 1100 hours. It is probably 2 - 3 years old and was owned by one of the big companies. I didn't inspect it closely yet but no significant cosmetic damage. I did raise the seat and there is oily/dust on top of both of the pumps so there is some leakage. I guess that the spindles would likely be near end of life if they don't have grease cert? Are the wheel motor pretty solid on Exmark?
    What should I offer on the unit? They haven't set a price.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Since I am a Scag guy I have no idea how good Exmarks hold up.....any idea on what I should offer on this unit? Brinkman unloaded a bunch of WB and these two ZTR units.

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

You might check on Ebay to see what similar units are going for. I have a full size Turf Tracer (it supposedly uses the same pumps and spindles as the Lazer) and have had no problems with the spindles lasting in 2800+ hours. The hydro pumps on my unit have grease on them also but the dealer said the leak was so minor as to not be worth worrying about. They do make seal kits for them.

4. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

$ 4,200 - $5,000

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I guess that was the range I was thinking.....Now I could get a New Snapper Pro same size and engine for under $7K. Guess I may pass on the used unit not enough difference.