1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Used F350

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by millerlc, Jul 28, 2004.

1. millerlc

millerlc LawnSite Member

A friend of mine is selling his truck.
    It's an F350 with a dump and plow setup.
    1989 with 75,000 miles and new transmission.
    He wanted $6,000 for it.
    I haven't been able to shop around, but is this a fair price?
    Any thoughts would be great.
    Thanks

2. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Spend a lil money and have a shop look it over for you and write down what all they find. Where I work we charge 1/2 to an hour labor to look one over and give an estimate if any repairs are needed. Its a lil money spent now, that may save you MAJOR bucks down the road.

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

sounds like a good price since trucks are getting real pricey for some reason.

I agree on taking it to a shop, i have a friend that is a mechanic and he looks vehicles over for me before i buy them. helps out knowing whta it needs before you buy it.

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 1988 f 350 with 68,000 miles cab and chasis , long frame,351 auto trans that needs exaust , steering box and a windshield I am selling for $900.00 . I used it for sprinkler service and transfered the body to a international diesel

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

GET IT CHECKED. The guy I bought my truck from said it had a rebuilt tranny 20k ag0 (4 years) and now it's shot