Used Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robertyb, Feb 21, 2004.

1. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

I looked at a 2001 Grasshopper midmount model 225/61 with 573 hours on it, Had headlight package installed. Dealer priced it to me at $5,200.00 driveout. It appears to be used but not abused. Is this a decent price for this mower?

Second question please: Is there any place to get used mower values like you can on a used car?

2. rtyus

rtyus LawnSite Member

It doesn't seem out of line to me, but you might get the price of an identical new one and compare. I haven't priced that model so I don't really know what they go for new.

There may be a source for mower values but I'm not aware of one. I would think there would be too many variables such as condition, etc. to be very beneficial.

3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I've gotten a price of 8K for that machine from 3 different dealers.

That said, all makes seem a little higher up here than prices I've seen on this site.

If that was near me, I'd go look at it. There is a GH diesel up here, same year with 1500 hours. LCO is asking $6550 for that.

Yeah, I know diesel is a different animal.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The mower is to high just my 2 cents.

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

He's asking $5200. Doesn't mean he'll get it. Cash talks.

I'd still go look at it.

6. jkelton

jkelton LawnSite Member

Sounds like a decent price to me. Might be able to get him down a few hundred dollars - depends on how motivated the seller is. Not many hours for being a 2001. For reference, my father is a Grashopper dealer here and a 2004 225/61 sells for $7599.

7. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Can I ask you what dealership jkelton? I have alot of friends that are friends with some at Murf. Kabota. (and Vicks)

8. jkelton

jkelton LawnSite Member

Murfreesboro Feed and Seed

9. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Kool jkelton, will have to get by there 1 day.