Used Honda Commercial Hrc216hxa 2003 Model Worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lorensanders, Mar 25, 2006.

1. lorensanders

lorensanders LawnSite Member

Anyone Know What The Value Of A Honda Commercial Hydrostat Hrc216hxa 2003 Model Worth Used For One Summer Under 100 Yards....he Wants 500 Looks Clean And Taken Care Of.

Please Reply On Your Thoughts.

2. jojoleafsfan

jojoleafsfan LawnSite Member

It's a $1200 (us) mower and it's also the best comm.mower out their. So i say good deal.

3. lorensanders

So U Think Its Worth 500 He Said He Paid 899 But Its A 2003 Model. And Hes A Police Officer.
  4. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

That model today is over $1200 bux. I say buy buy buy, if not send it my way
  5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

100 yards over the entire summer is still quite a few hours if he was cutting those weekly. That would be in excess of 1,200 hours which is a lot for a small engine like on that mower even if he changed the oil and filter every 25-50 hours. How is it that he bought it new 3 years ago (2003) and at $899 it would have been new back then, buy yet only used it one summer, that doesn't jive. I personally would only buy it as a backup due to that and would offer him $300.
  6. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

The HRC216 doesn't have an oil filter. My first commercial 21 was an HRC216 and that thing ran for years and years and years but I still don't think I'd pay $500 for it. $300 sounds fair.
  7. lorensanders

it set in his garage for the remaining time...
  8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

It looks like they changed the deck design and strengh on the honda commercial. There used to be several models but now there's only one with the gxv and there's one with a freaky gcv remake.
  9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

100 yards for one year is right at 600-700 hours a year for a 40 week year. when you have 100 yard using a 21 you are not using the mower all the time figure 10-20 min at a time max. I have that same mower but in a 2002 and it has 1600 hrs on it now and has not had a problem yet. I have a buddy that has a couple of the 2001 (same Machine) that has well over 5000 hrs on them and all he does is change oil and blades and puts fuel in it. He has bought a new bag for one of them. That engine will run forever. Heard rumor that one guy has well over 8000 hrs on one and wont sell even for a million bucks he loves it so much. 500 is fair of course get it as cheap as you can.
  10. TeamLawnCare

TeamLawnCare LawnSite Member

I would definately buy it but I would say $400 would be fair. There is a guy in my area who services over 100 yards a week with only these mowers he uses them for a year and then sells them all within a week for $500 I decided not to pick one up because I found a few other ones that had hardly been used for $400 and $450 I always say buy Honda they run forever I had an early 1980's honda commercial mower that started and ran on the first pull for me everytime. I sold it in 2001 for $150 all I had to do was put gas, and oil in it (which wasnt very often) and it ran like a champ. That mower convinced me and since then all of my 21" mowers have been Honda. Their really isn't much to complain about them.