1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Used Honda HT3810 and 3813 Problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by agriforestry, Jun 11, 2008.

1. agriforestry

agriforestry LawnSite Member

Guys I am new to the lawn care business and have found several issues when dealing with certain yards. For example, I have learned that my big mower will not fit into some back yards do to gates. No problem I just push mow them.

This leads me to the honda issue. My little brother had a honda ht3810 that he gave me. It runs and runs well, only issue he had was the ignition switch and the clutch stays engaged at all times. With this i bought a Honda 3813 ($50) to rob a few parts off of for use on the other mower. Well I found some things are interchangeable where as some aren't so now I have two mowers that really need a few parts and I cant find anywhere online to purchase good used or cheap parts. I did find the plano website but so expensive.

Of these two mowers which would you prefer to use? I got the 3813 running (somewhat) but I feel that it has a timing issue as it is pumping air back out of the carb. I feel this has something to do with the timing of the machine rather than burnt valves. Going to pull engine and check. I would like to know of a place where I can buy parts if anyone know of such an animal.

I would surely appreciate any advice I can get.

PS these mowers are tough or so they seem.