Used Hustler Super Z Questions

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by ToughAsStihl, Jul 25, 2006.

1. ToughAsStihl

ToughAsStihl LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Hi I was looking today at a Hustler Super Z 60in. I am not sure the year but it is pre XR7 deck so I am thinking 2003 or 2004. The paint is pretty faded and chipped especially on the trimming side of the deck, on the forks, front part of the frame and foot rest area. I am unsure of the hours (total stupidity for not looking):hammerhead: It is at a local John Deere dealer and is on consignment from a landscaper that did a lot of business with that dealer (They are also a landscape supply place). The price is $4500 and the dealer said it was probably negotiable.

I don't know whether this helps but the rear plate to guard the engine only says Hustler and it says Super Z on the gas tanks. I wasn't sure if that helps define the year.

So what I want to know is this a good deal? Is there anything in particular to look out for?

I will try to get pictures and the hours tomorrow.:)
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Get me some pics and a serial # if you can, just call them for the serial #.
    The first 2 digits are the year it was made.
    Our full frame Z / Super Z's had no major changes until this past winter with the new XR-7 deck, so you are getting a very common mower.
    The tanks over the years said Super Z and Hustler Z, the bumpers over the years is the same, but if either say Super Z its a Super Z.
    Being that its in New England, does it come with a catcher? or did it have one on it?
    Get me the serial # and hours and lets see those pics and I can tell you exactly what you have and when it was bought, then we can tell you if your getting a deal or not.
  3. ToughAsStihl

from Vermont

4. ToughAsStihl

from Vermont

Does anyone else have any thoughts about it?
  5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

It depends on the hours it has. I have one that old but it only has 600 hours on it. I would figure it to be worth that price. Pretty paint doesn't mean much if it has a ton of hours on it.