Used Hustler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsw2008, May 15, 2010.

1. jsw2008

jsw2008 LawnSite Senior Member

I have come across what I think is a steal on a used mower and wanted to run it by everyone and get some opinions. It's an '09 Hustler Super Z 60" cut 31 HP Kawi (150 hrs on it) with the bac vac catcher. He's asking $7500. I know that mower w/the catcher is around $14k new, but I've never priced used ones.

2. jsw2008

Bump to the top.

3. Coastline Lawn

Coastline Lawn LawnSite Member

I have the same....It was 9100 out the door for the mower and the backvac is just over 3k. That is a pretty good deal for that setup. I would buy it. Just make sure you transfer the warranty to yourself....If not they may deny you if something happens. Depending on your dealer. Dealers can be snotty about mowers that arent bought from them...MSRP is almost 16k by the way....but no one ever pays that. Atleast not around here....

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a dang good price, if you dont buy it, I will.

5. jsw2008

I know the guy who owns it now (a lot of our accts are in the same neighborhoods) and we buy from the same dealer, so warranty work hopefully would be no problem. I've used a Hustler fastrack super duty 48 for the last couple of seasons and I'm needing something faster.

6. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Id say jump on it!!!

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

That is a I need to get rid of this thing price....you best buy it if you have a need!

8. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. That's probably close to a $10k machine around here.

9. jsw2008

I'm going to call him today. I'll give an update later.

10. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

That mower is well over 12K with the bagger setup. Jump on that quick!