used hydro w/b

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turkp15, Jul 29, 2003.

1. turkp15

turkp15 LawnSite Member

I found a used exmark w/b with a 48" cut and its hydro the guy wants $950 for it. My questions is what do i have to look for to make sure this thing isnt a POS. Like tranny,hydro's,and the deck?
    Thanks,
    ~Jeff

2. BUY it, if it runs and cuts you cannot go wrong.

Engine blows you are still ahead.

3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Like the new quote LGF ;)

4. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto that....if a engine goes...thats around $750...hyro pump 300 bucks...hydro wheel motor $450... either which way add one of those up and the price of a mower and like LGF says your still ahead of what it should be sold for.

5. turkp15

turkp15 LawnSite Member

So your telling me that $950 is a good price for this hydro? This is going to be my first commercial mower so i want to make it a good purchase.

6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

How old is the mower ? how many hours are on it ? what type of motor is on it ? is it a fixed deck or floating ? give us a bit more info or a pic. sounds to me like you should just buy it :)

7. turkp15

turkp15 LawnSite Member

The mower cant be more then 3 years old. It didnt have a hour meter on it, but the guy at the place told me it was use every other weekend for a corner lot for the last 2 years. I think it was called a viking.

8. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

if thats the case snatch it up before someone else does you wont be sorry :)

9. I figured it was an older Viking hydro, that doesn't have the tracking adj on the fly.

Other than that you're covered for 13 years for that mower type.

GLAN you like.....:D

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

If it runs and cuts, buy it! That's a great price.