used Isuzu trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MikeKle, Mar 3, 2008.

1. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I am looking for a cabover truck,preferrably Isuzu or chevy,I searched on Truckpaper and truck trader with not too many for sale. I only want to spend around $5000. basically looking for a 90's cab and chassis. Anyone know of any sites to look on? I have heard those rental places like ryder sell their used ones but have never heard anything about the trucks they sell.

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I found all mine on ebay. Try craigslist as well. I know of a pretty cheap one in GA... I will see if I can find his number.

3. Lawnworks

from usa

Found it... I think he said he wanted around 5k for it. Might want to start out at 3k. I bought a harley rake from him and he is a good guy. The truck is kind of ugly, but he said he could repaint it.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/556089917.html

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

You are not going to get much of a cab+chassis for $ 5000.00. Gas Chevy cab overs are the cheapest but they don't get any mileage. I would recomend looking at Mitsubishi or Isuzu. Check out junktank.com, they have a 1987 for 4000.00+. Also check out truckpaper.com. I'm in the market for another but the price is up there.

5. Lawnworks

from usa

I would think if you want a dependable truck you are probably going to have spend 10k or so.

I bought an '99 Chevy w4500 w/ 130k new auto tranny, new tires, 20' landscape body in great shape for $8500 off ebay.

6. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Have you tried (truckpaper.com):waving:

8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im also looking for a box truck, I have a friend who sells used cars and has several, also I kn ow where a lot is that must have around 50 of them. Might be worth a weekend trip to Bama.

9. fastcutter

fastcutter LawnSite Member
    from west tn

Most of the ones I have find have like 150,000 to 175,000 miles on them with new LAndscape beds.. There running around $18,000 to $23,000

10. Lawnworks

from usa

That is a rip-off. There are some better deals out there... just gotta look for them.