1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

used Isuzu trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MikeKle, Mar 3, 2008.

1. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I am looking for a cabover truck,preferrably Isuzu or chevy,I searched on Truckpaper and truck trader with not too many for sale. I only want to spend around $5000. basically looking for a 90's cab and chassis. Anyone know of any sites to look on? I have heard those rental places like ryder sell their used ones but have never heard anything about the trucks they sell.

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I found all mine on ebay. Try craigslist as well. I know of a pretty cheap one in GA... I will see if I can find his number.

3. Lawnworks

from usa

Found it... I think he said he wanted around 5k for it. Might want to start out at 3k. I bought a harley rake from him and he is a good guy. The truck is kind of ugly, but he said he could repaint it.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/556089917.html

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

You are not going to get much of a cab+chassis for $ 5000.00. Gas Chevy cab overs are the cheapest but they don't get any mileage. I would recomend looking at Mitsubishi or Isuzu. Check out junktank.com, they have a 1987 for 4000.00+. Also check out truckpaper.com. I'm in the market for another but the price is up there.

5. Lawnworks

from usa

I would think if you want a dependable truck you are probably going to have spend 10k or so.

I bought an '99 Chevy w4500 w/ 130k new auto tranny, new tires, 20' landscape body in great shape for $8500 off ebay.

6. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Have you tried (truckpaper.com):waving:

8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im also looking for a box truck, I have a friend who sells used cars and has several, also I kn ow where a lot is that must have around 50 of them. Might be worth a weekend trip to Bama.

9. fastcutter

fastcutter LawnSite Member
    from west tn

Most of the ones I have find have like 150,000 to 175,000 miles on them with new LAndscape beds.. There running around $18,000 to $23,000

10. Lawnworks

from usa

That is a rip-off. There are some better deals out there... just gotta look for them.