Used JD 737 or Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mmellin, Oct 17, 2007.

1. mmellin

mmellin LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

I currently run a 48 bobcat/kaw 13 with a sulky. This is strictly for my own personal use. My friend sold his lawn contracts to go into pavers. We just moved to a 2+acre lot with lots of trees. It is taking 3+ hrs to cut and the sulky is killing my back.

Today I saw a 2004 JD 373 54" Kaw 23. The unit has 370hrs. $4950
    Yesterday I looked at an Exmark Lazer XP/54" Kaw 23 new $7800

Both dealers have been in business for a long time and both offerred demo's. There seem to be alot of JD haters on this board. My neighbor runs a Exmark for his business and loves it.

If you were in my shoes.... which would you choose. Are there any negatives to the 737 or the 7 Iron deck??? I have read that the Triton Decks have had quality issues. I want nice stripes and take alot of pride in my lawn. The walk behind has a great cut... I guess I'm getting too old for it.

2. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

When you read post on this site and on another lawn site about JD mowers the negative feed back usually is not from people that own them. Most people that own them love them. I tried a 757 and the cut was fantastic. I was planning on getting one next spring but I will be trying a Scag first. PM me with your e-mail address and I will give you more info.