1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Used John Deere 757?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bill Davis, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer has a used 2003 JD 757 60" 25 Kaw. That was traded in. This machine has 247 hours. He is going to clean and paint the entire machine, new decals, belts, and fully service the machine. I looked at the machine prior to any cosmetic work being done to it so I know what actually looked like. I already have two Quicktracs that I like but his price caught my eye and I'm always looking at equipment. He said he would ask $5800 in the store but sell it to me for $5250 because he knows I wont play games. Does that seem like a great price or just average. I was impressed by the shape this machine was in so I had to be interested. I also prefer the Kaw. motors so I cant see much else to worry about. Just gotta find some more room in the trailer if I get it. Thanks guys. I hate to start another thread but maybe yall can encourage me one way or another:help:

Have a blessed day, Bill
  2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Try and see if he'll knock some more off the price if the paint is left alone. It's just going to get dirty anyways!
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Price sounds OK for that few hours. I think they run a little over $8,000 new.
  4. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Price sounds pretty reasonable to me.
  5. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

Until last year we had a Lazer HP in the fleet and I have wondered how the JD's compared in ride quality. I have always liked the look of these machines but haven't gotten a chance to bury them in the grass and see how they really do. BTW I would have a mulch kit installed, so if there are any issues with cut quality with it installed, please warn me. Thank you for the replies
  6. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I dont really know about this one. It is a low hour machine for the age, but I dont know if it is a deal or not. I would say thats ABOUT average going rate. You can buy new with full warranty for $2500.00-$2700.00 more than what he is asking. And if the paint aint that bad, I wouldnt even have him paint it! Ours has tons more hours on them than that one and they still look new! I always have people asking me if I bought another mower and I have to tell them the age of the piece that there talking about and they hardly believe me until I show them the hour meter.