1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Used John Deere 7H17 Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by aturner33, Feb 26, 2010.

1. aturner33

aturner33 LawnSite Member

Looking at a 09 JD 7H17 walk behind with bagger and sulky. Unit is in great shape. 70 hours for $4250.00?? Thoughts on the price?
  2. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

junk at any price.
  3. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

STOP THE HATE!!!*trucewhiteflag*
  4. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

just trying to stop the guy from making the same mistake I did.tell JD to stop the hate.

I'm not plugging for a company that screwed me over.their riders may have improved but their walk behinds have been junk since they stopped using Bunton to build them.
  5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Deere really isn't known for their walk-behind mowers, but that doesn't mean they are bad. My dealer hardly sells any, he said that its mainly because the Deere wb's just don't have the choices that other companies have. When you look at exmark or toro, they have tons of wb models to choose from and even ergonomic controls as opposed to the traditional pistol grips. But the Deere you are looking at has a great mowing deck and should do very well for you. The price looks good and the hours are very low, so it sounds like a great deal to me.
  6. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

I got a deal on mine last year, like $3300.
    They are way over priced.

The older, HD75 is alot better cut.
    $4200 is alot of money. I recommend shopping around, or offering less.
  7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member