Used Kubota Value

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jgangaware, Feb 14, 2008.

1. jgangaware

jgangaware LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I'm real close to purchasing a Kubota ZD21 with the pro 60'' cut deck. It has 190 hrs on it and looks like a new one. My local dealer quoted me $8000. Is this a reasonable buy? What does a new one sell for? Thanks for you advice.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

sure i can try, it sounds like a good price, but what model year? that determines alot. i think we paid around 9k for one new, so maybe wheel hime down to say 7500. i had great success with this model , not even one problem. if you are doing much hills though where they are long hills, the power isa bit low, that is why we went to the bigger machines, but if not too much hills it is great and really conservative on fuel.

3. jgangaware

jgangaware LawnSite Member

Thanks grassman. I think its an 05 or 06 model. I demo a ZG23 and its a world of difference between a residential. i haven't run this machine yet but I have a good relationship with the dealer and don't think I will have any trouble. He was asking 9200 for it and I tried to get for $8000 out the door. Glad to hear these are some good machines.

4. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

that's a little steep, try to get 7-7500 for it. i paid 8300 for my 2005 ZG23 with a bagger and 30 hours on it.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

You can't compare the two because of the diesel engine.

With that said, I'd stick around the $7000 figure anyways. :hammerhead:

6. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

When I was pricing 2 yrs ago that is higher than my dealer was brand new $8000, for a 2 yr old machine is way high even with low hrs its probally worth no more than 6K

7. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i have a zd18 54" with 900 hours with grass catcher

dealer said he would give me $5000 and said he should be able to sell it for $6000

hope this helps