Used Lazer HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yourlawnguy, Oct 22, 2003.

1. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

I have an oppertunity to purchase a used Lazer HP it's a 48" with 21hp and about 480 hrs, the machine has been well maintained and is 2 years old. Does this sound like a good price? Also will it have enough hp to mulch Bahai? Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

No price sounds good to me ;)

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

How about that there price lawnguy? Free is GOOD to me!:p

4. yourlawnguy

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

price doesn't sound bad.......... but I'm not familiar with southern grasses.

6. yourlawnguy

Any more input? :(

7. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

If your props are always going to be small then go for it. I would not get any HP smaller than the 52" deck with the 23 hp. Has at least a 4 inch trim side, ( big benefit )

8. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

about mower size.

What do you use for back yards in the older areas like CocoaBeach, Satellite Beach,and canal lots ? Do you have to use a 21 in most of them? I lived there (MI) about 4 years ago, and have often wondered. I remember some real small gates but was not in the business then so I may notbe remembering right.

Thanks

9. yourlawnguy

Tider6972 ,
    Actually I don't have any accounts in those areas but I do have a few smal gates. I use a 36" exmark Metro for most of these and I have a 21" Cub Cadet for the only one my 36" doesn't fit through.