Used Lazer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by brbsta, Aug 17, 2004.

1. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

I was planning on getting a New Lazer next year but I just saw a used one for sale on the side of the road. Its a Lazer Z Liquid Cooled 60" 2002. Its in the shape you would think for being used for 2 years. Would need so work over the winter. First of all the asking price is 5.9 is that a good price. Also what do I look for on a used mower.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Depending upon the hours and condition of the machine that may not be such a bad deal. That machine had a msrp of $9500 when new.

Some of the guys may have a better idea of what used prices are like than I do. Maybe they have some thoughts on that subject.

As far as what to look for on that machine I'd look at blade spindles, belts, front caster wheel bearings and that's really about it. These are all the componants that take the abuse and depending upon how it was used and maintained I'd look at these first. I'd also plan on flushing the radiator and cooling system as well just because it's time. The machine itself should be in great shape if it was treated well and maintained well.

3. premiereman

premiereman LawnSite Member

Is there any site on the web that will give you an idea of what used mowers are worth?
  4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

You are on it now!! I know of no other site that can do what this one will for you.

I would put post on the commercial side of the forum. I would also do a search before posting the answer is probably already out there.

Thanks, Fred.