1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

used Lesco

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Boycea, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

A buddy of mine has a two year old lesco z with about 1100 hours on it. It was used for only one season and was just completely gone over with new tires, belts, spindles etc. It has a peco vac on it, model #6212, with a brand new 8hp kohler on it. The mower has a 60" deck on it with a 23hp kawasaki engine on it. The owner is asking $4700 for the unit. Would you reccomend this unit? Any advice or opinions would be appreciated. Thank you
  2. rcav8er

rcav8er LawnSite Member

That's probably not a bad price with the vac system. However remember you can buy a new 60" 23HP now for 5995.00
    Is this mower a Z or Z2? There have been several updates to the Z2 and sounds like it may be a better piece of equip.
  3. Boycea

It's just the Viper Z and not the Z2
  4. Earthscapes

Earthscapes LawnSite Member
    from WNY

If it's a viper i wouldn't buy it......but i highly recommend the
  5. Boycea

thanks for the replys, has anyone used or is currently using a lesco viper? Any good or bad experiences with them?
  6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I've got the cub equivelant (sp) mines a 2001 with the integrated dual hydro drive system, not like the new cubs and lesco Z-Two. The new ones are set up like scags etc, pump that runs a motor, which cub calls a Modular drive system. I have had no problems to date. I'm going to buy another one soon, probably get the lesco=cheaper then cub.
  7. Boycea

thank you for your replies. Wriken, if you dont mind, what did you pay for your cub? Does it have a baggind system on it? Do you think 4700 is a fair price for the lesco? Thank you
  8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I bought mine, cub m-60, in 7/01 for 7000.00 out the door, in the spring of 02, I had the collection system put on for 1900.00, thats one of the best things I've ever done, sure makes short work of clean-ups. I would not buy the used one when you can get a new Lesco for 5995.00, w/warranty. I personely don't like to buy used, but thats me. Thats why I'm getting the lesco, like my cub dealer said can't blame you. I'll put a pic of cub and collection system.

9. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

Truthfully, if it was only used one season, and had new tires, spindles, etc. I think $4700 is a bit too much.
    Think about this, if all that was replaced after one year, it had to have been run really hard or hardly maintained. Question i would have at this point, is what condition is the engine in??

P.S. Like it was mentioned before, you can buy a brand new one for $6000....
  10. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Local Lesco in Stratford had a VIper Z left over for 4995 new

about 2000 for Peco. 4700 -2000=2700 for machine. vs 5k or

6k for Z2. + 2000 for vac. You could transfer the Peco to another machine. A new Exmark about 7500. I looked at the Z2 +vac=

8k. I bought a Walker instead.