Used Mini-x: Which one to Avoid

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by allinearth, Feb 13, 2013.

1. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

Been looking for a used Mini X. I don't want to start a brand wars thread. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with a brand or model that has known issues. Like weak turntable etc. I am looking for a machine around 5 ton and will be using it for setting boulders, grading, and installing trees mainly.

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

If you do a search or flip through the last few pages there has been quite a few of these discussions lately.

Best of luck,
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I really do not think any of the brands are terrible and most will last a long time if taken care of.

4. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

I owned a since 1987, I have had 2 Mini's.....first one, bought brand new, a Komatsu pc20 with cab and heat....put over 10,000 hours on it, never had one issue other than wearing out tracks from using it too much.
    2003, bought a new Kobelco 35sr, no cab or heat not using it as much as the Komatsu, but no issues with this one either. A buddy of mine runs 2 or 3 Kubota minis....they have been good to him as well.

5. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

I did a limited look before I posted. I went back and found a couple threads that helped. Thanks. Anyone have any input on Gehl mini x's?

6. Nelson M Martin

Nelson M Martin LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I have run the 353 also 503 and the 603.....they all run great with good strength.
    I havnt run a Kubota for a long time but would say from memory that the gehls run similar or better in the strength area