Used mower help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by General Lopez, Jun 23, 2013.

1. General Lopez

General Lopez LawnSite Member

I'm new to this business, and I have a chance to get the used mowers below for a good price. First what is the most you would pay for each of them? I believe they are all in good running condition. Is 72" to much mower for someone just starting out? The pictures are in the same order as the listing.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

EXMARK LAZER Z ULTRACUT 72" ZERO RADIUS MOWER
    449 Hours, M: LZX34KC726, SN: 923880

431 Hours, M: LZX34KC726, SN: 923879

637 Hours, M: LZZ38KC726, SN: 868406

EXMARK LAZER Z XS TRITON 72" ZERO RADIUS MOWER
    529 Hours, M: LXS35BV725, SN:730508

EXMARK LAZER Z XS ULTRACUT 72" ZERO RADIUS MOWER
    966 Hours, M: LZ31BV724, SN: 543148

EXMARK TURFTRACER 60" WALK-BEHIND MOWER W/ STANDON ATTACHMENT
    374 Hours, M: TT20KCC, SN: 562825

159.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

162.jpg

163.jpg

dsc_0059.jpg

2. LBOperator

LBOperator LawnSite Member

All of those are excellent mowers with excellent hours. The best way to tell you which to buy imho is this. Buy the one with the lowest hours that is in the best running and physical condition. Now to the size of the deck question. I am not as seasoned as most of these guys on here, but I can tell you what they have told me and others. That completely depends on the type of lawns and or commercial accounts you will be mowing. For residential unless you are mowing 2+ acre accounts a 72" is way to big imho. A 48" or 52" will handle a lot and are a good mix between big and small. A regular ole push mower is also needed for those super small back yards with a 3' gate. And a good mix would be a 52" ZTR with a 36" Walk Behind. I am sure others will correct me if I'm wrong and will also ad counsel.

3. LBOperator

You can also tell the third Exmark has been out in the open more than the others from the sun bleaching to the seat

4. baseball9074

baseball9074 LawnSite Member

Where are you located? I remember seeing these mowers in an upcoming auction but can't remember if I saw them through Craigslist or on lawnsite.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't buy any of those. Try a stand-on mower before you buy anything. Mowers don't have to have a seat. :)

6. LBOperator

I agree, and I would also look at other brands unless you have to have an Exmark, I like Scags and have just recently started looking at Ferris because of the suspension.

7. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn LawnSite Member

What are you planning to mow???
    For just starting out 72" is WAY TOO BIG. Unless you mow strictly parks, or peoples personal 5 acre estates.

They are great for productivity on flat open spaces and some hillsides, but there are downsides. Weight, scalping, maneuverability, and clogging with lots of tall, dense, or wet grass.

A commercial mower to begin with should be a 36/42/48 walk behind and/or a 48/52 ZTR. Of coarse depending on the properties.

8. General Lopez

Northwest Indiana, it was through Craigslist. I figured they were probably to big for now. I was thinking if I could get some of them for a good price now, I could store them, and use them down the line as my business grew.

Are they worth $800-$1,000 each?

9. Whippit96

Whippit96 LawnSite Member

LOL We just got troll'd. :cool2:

10. General Lopez

Sorry, I should have asked what would be the most you would pay for these?