1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

used mower price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Mar 17, 2000.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

since this is the last year my company is cutting grass i am going to sell a 52&quot;scag hydro /16 vanguard/valkie three years old with about 250 hrs.on it . it was our back up mower did not get used much. what do you think i can get for it if i sell it out right. its the only piece of equip. that is sellable. since i knew 2000 was going to be the last yr. mowing we ran all equipment to the ground and just maintained them. the company that i fertilize for is interested in it . when we asked the dealer what its worth realy did not give me an answer. <br> thanks anthony<br>

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

$2000.00

4. Hello Everybody:<p>When I go to buy or sell anything used, I use this rule & I've been very happy with it & others have agreed.<p>I find out what it cost new, then I figure 1/2 price, then I go up or down considering the shape it is in.<p>Just remember when you go to purchase something it cost or is worth a fortune & when you go to sell it, it's not worth crap!<p>Start out at a good healthy price then come down. You can't go up on the price, but you can always come down.<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/

5. crabber

crabber LawnSite Member

Bought a 275 gt Deere in 95 for $4200. Used it for three seasons. Traded it in for the same thing. Dealer gave $3000 for it. I wish I could rent a mower that cheap! <p>I'd ask between $1500 and $2000.<br>