used mower price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Mar 17, 2000.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

since this is the last year my company is cutting grass i am going to sell a 52&quot;scag hydro /16 vanguard/valkie three years old with about 250 hrs.on it . it was our back up mower did not get used much. what do you think i can get for it if i sell it out right. its the only piece of equip. that is sellable. since i knew 2000 was going to be the last yr. mowing we ran all equipment to the ground and just maintained them. the company that i fertilize for is interested in it . when we asked the dealer what its worth realy did not give me an answer. <br> thanks anthony<br>

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

$2000.00

4. Hello Everybody:<p>When I go to buy or sell anything used, I use this rule & I've been very happy with it & others have agreed.<p>I find out what it cost new, then I figure 1/2 price, then I go up or down considering the shape it is in.<p>Just remember when you go to purchase something it cost or is worth a fortune & when you go to sell it, it's not worth crap!<p>Start out at a good healthy price then come down. You can't go up on the price, but you can always come down.<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/

5. crabber

crabber LawnSite Member

Bought a 275 gt Deere in 95 for $4200. Used it for three seasons. Traded it in for the same thing. Dealer gave $3000 for it. I wish I could rent a mower that cheap! <p>I'd ask between $1500 and $2000.<br>