1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Used my Cyclone Rake for 1st time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by klineslawnkaren, Oct 20, 2003.

1. klineslawnkaren

klineslawnkaren LawnSite Member

Used the new toy over the weekend. I"m really happy with the results. Since the leaves aren't very deep yet I would have expected it to suck them all up and it did just that. Definatly need to wear ear protection since the motor is right behind me. It really chopped the leaves up as well. I used the "dumper", next time I'm going to used the dividers in the cart and see how that works. Working out all of the bugs before I have to do it for real at a customers yard. I'm glad that I went with C.R. rather than Trac Vac, C.R. backs up like a dream. It's alittle weird turning when you are going forward because of the hard mount - you just have to make a wider turn.:)
  2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

glad you like it;)

should service you for many piles of leaves to come:cool:
  3. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

another happy C.R user.it should last you for many years to come
  4. Fivestar

Fivestar LawnSite Member

Got mine in a couple days ago. I like it alot and can`t wait to use it on a lawn with a deeper layer of leaves to see if it works as well as Woodland Products says it will. The only problem that I`m having is blowout in front right side of my Lazers deck. It`s got Excaliber blades(high lifts) on it right now. Any ideas ???
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to the dealer an get some low lift blades for your Exmark. I run them on my Lazer HP 52" w/ an UltraVac and have very little leaf blow-out.
  6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

get the blow out baffle.yes even on my fathers tractor there is some blow out.if you watched there video the tractor they have in it is blowing some leaves out the right front of the deck.its normal
  7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Is that the one you pull behind like the agri-fab? What was your price? And do they work well with a ZTR other than the blowout problem....Marks Mowing Service