Used Pavers Resale?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by RedWingsDet, Mar 8, 2007.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I have about 7 full pallets of used pavers. They are S shape. I will have to get some pictures. I was thinking of listing them on craigslist.

Anyone know of how much they'd be valued?

I also have 3 full pallets of NEW sanstar red and grey bricks. I think they're 4x6 or something like that, whatever the most common size is.

Anyone know what they'd be valued at. I can get pictures tomorrow. Thanks!

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Their only worth about as much as someone is willing to pay for them! Hah, honestly ya got me. I would just do a best offer deal. Most of the time they sit at the shop and we will eventually sell someone on them, but actually do the install too.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

For 10 years we operated out of a large dairy barn and had a nice yard for storing materials.

Well over the course of those years, we accumilated ALOT of left over pavers and wall block.

In all, I'd guess we pprobably had about 3,000(+) square feet of pavers. Ranging from full pallets that were simply left over to one or two straps of left overs.

So when it was time to move (due to farm being developed) I had to get rid of the pavers.

I'm one of these people that hate clutter. And when I make up my mind to get rid of something I want it out of site fast. At first I was putting them in the dumpster. Then I realized that was foolish. :hammerhead:

The farm sat on a busy secondary road.

So Over the course of 2-3 months I would set one to three pallets at a time along the road with a cardboard for sale sign. The full pallets I sold for around $150. The pallets with 1 to 2 straps I sold for anywhere from $25 - $40. The sign stated the price, it stated "load / haul at your own risk", and stated the phone number.

I had an old truck parked next to the barn. So when people called and said they wanted the pavers - I would tell them to leave the CASH in the glovebox.

It worked out well. All I had to do was initially set the pavers out along the road.

Over the 2-3 months that I sold our left over pavers and wall block - I made $2,500 cash. I had no idea I would make that much.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

I hate going to garage sales when people are trying to make money, just price it to move it.

I bought enough used pavers on craigs list to make a 10x15 patio at my house for $40. Hey they ain't a style I would have choosen, but for $40 I couldn't say no.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

And of course being the law abiding citizen you are you claimed that as income to uncle same.

6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Why, of course!

http://www.outdoorfinishes.com