Used permagreen

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Drivefaster35, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a local guy that has a permagreen for sale its only 2 years old with just less than 40 hours on it went and looked at it and overall looks like a nice machine the fretilizer and herbicide seems to have stainded the stainless steel abit I'm assuming a good clean up would take care of that he want s $4,000 for it and was wondering if you think that seems like a fair price? Any help or advice would be awsome..

2. Nate@TLCS

Nate@TLCS LawnSite Member

ABSOLUTELY!!! make sure though the drivetrain is in good shape. If the operator is over 275lbs it could have some problems.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Did you say 40 hours? Not even proper broken in. He probably has not changed the oil yet. Sounds good--HOWEVER--read a couple of weeks back about the corrosion problems on the bottom of the Honda motor. You don't want a hole in the motor crankcase. Take a careful look at the underneath--check for signs of corrosion. Make sure the pump works --and it was never frozen. Check the starter rope--does it look worn or more like it was started only about 100 times. Likewise the air filter and foot pads. You want to make sure he didn't disconnect the hour meter for the first year.

4. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Awsome!!! thanks so much guys I'm going to actuallky have it for the day tomarrow to try out I'll check all those things and let ya know how it went.

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I would probably jump on it....and do all the things that everyone has mentioned.

That is pretty much a new machine!