Used Price check on LazerZ 52"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Primetime-SRQ, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Primetime-SRQ

Primetime-SRQ LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    I'm just about to drop some cash on my first/biggest piece of equipment for my startup company... :dancing:

It is a 2004 Exmark LazerZ 52" 25hp Kohler motor, with 650 hrs.. It is on consignment, and the shop will give me a 30 day warranty and do a complete tune-up for me also..
    Belts, blades, oil, etc.... And they are willing to give me a loaner if anything ever happens that puts out for more than a couple of hours.
    They wanted $3500, but I got them down to $3200...

The deck has some paint chips all around with some surface rust starting also. And it already has the mulching kit installed, if that helps with thte price at all.

I used today for about 4 accounts and it seemed to ride out really well compared to what I have been using, a 36" Lesco hydro WB...

I just wanted to make sure that this is a fair price for a used unit. He is a local shop that is very well known for taking care of friends of friends....

Any suggestions would be appreciated..
  2. Primetime-SRQ

The year may be off, the controls are not on the arm rest side panel, they are under your legs.... Maybe a 99,00,01.....
  3. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Get On It And Mow, If Its NOT Fuel Injected, If You Have Confidence In Your Dealer I Would Say Its A Great Deal.
  4. Primetime-SRQ

So I take it that the year doesnt matter but the hour meter... And plus he giving me a free 30 day warranty....

Are the 25 Kohler motors stronger/better than Kawis???
  5. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

the Kohler has more history. but i'm running four kaw. right now from 15 hp to 26 hp L/cooled i like them and think (something i can't do) about going with more kaw. but i haven't had them for more than four yrs.
  6. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking for the exact same mower model, year, brand, and price come next spring. And I could tell you just from the sounds of it, I would buy it. Any pics though?
  7. Primetime-SRQ

No pics at the moment. But they are doing an over all maintence/tune-up for me, and it should be ready on Monday. I'm def. gonna buy it.

It leaves one nice cut on the yards... :)
  8. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Kawasaki engines tend to be better than Kohlers in my opinion. But for $3200 for a used Z with only 650 hours is a rare find here in FL. Most used mowers that I have come across have upwards of 2500 hours on them.

Sounds like a great deal to me.
  9. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

I'd go for it!