used pump ideas??

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by treegal1, Jul 9, 2008.

1. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

we have 5 changed out brewer pumps, the 110 volt would not work in our apps. as the voltage we had was 48v dc-. so now i am sitting on 5 pumps and need to find a use, any ideas!!!! we already have a wave action setup in our pond............

pumps.jpg

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I am trying to figure out what they are
    Centifugal? diaphram
    how many gallons per minute or hour

how many amps do they pull?

I have some ideas but lets get the answer to those first

3. treegal1

they are centrifugal open frame, and the haul about 700 GPH, no head no suction

pumps 2.jpg

4. ICT Bill

AH spa pumps, very high ampage pumps and not very cost effective. I would probably can them, power hogs

I like the sequence brand very effecient http://www.mdminc.com/Advance_Pumps.htm
    these guys are work horses, I've had one running non stop on my pond (3400 gallons per hour) for 6 or 7 years, it pulls 1/2 of an amp

You could probably install one sequence and have shut offs to the barrles to run which ever one you want, one pump would probably run all 5 barrels.

You could use them for the occasional, drop into 275 gallon tote to pump something out or into a truck. Move water from one place to the next, but for continual use they are too power hungry

My thought was you could bury a tank, hook a pump to a garden hose and run the hose through the worm beds to keep them cooler. recirculate the water from the top to the bottom of the tank. Or have several tanks one after the other so you could increase dwell time underground

5. treegal1

worm bed coolers, thats a golden idea, we are icing the little fellows in the middle of the day now. we replaced them with sun pumps.LOL thats funny

6. ICT Bill

I don't know you area very well but I would have to assume the ground is cooler than the air especially if it is under a structure like a building

Or you could do a swamp cooler config and run it through that, swamp cooler are pretty easy to make