1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Used Scag - 180 Hrs

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by JandRLandscape, Jun 23, 2004.

1. JandRLandscape

JandRLandscape LawnSite Member

I know this is asked a lot, but. I've been looking for a used ride for a long time.
    A "home owner" has a 2000, 52" - 23kaw rider 4sale, I think its a Tiger.
    He's asking $5000 (said he paid $7500) Personally I don't think a 4+ year old machine is worth it but thought some of you can give me your opinions.

Low hours, Home owner used, I'm gonna look at it in a day or two.

Let me know what you all think its worth.

2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i would offer 2500 thats the most i just picked up a new tiger cub
  3. j.p.landscaping

j.p.landscaping LawnSite Member

I wish I could find a tiger for $2500.00, I'd buy 2.....lol
    Can't find good scores like that in Rhode Island:(
  4. JandRLandscape

JandRLandscape LawnSite Member

Come on, $2500 the machine has 190 hours on it and the guy sounds old on the phone, it was used to cut a Church property.

I thought $4000 was enough.

Anyone else with any comments or suggestions?

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

My opinion- I wouldn't pay half price (or more) for a 4 year old machine, I'd buy a new one.
  6. j.p.landscaping

j.p.landscaping LawnSite Member

I just bought a 8 year old belt drive 48" scag off my dealer for $1200.00. The hour meter says 770 hours but who knows... The previous owner spent $500.00 in new tires (all 4 with the fronts being no-flats), belts, tentioner pully, full tune-up, throttle cable and lever, blade engage switch ect... Now I'm not saying it's perfect, in fact reverse isn't strong at all but it starts up on 1 pull every time, runs like a tank, cuts beautifully and has no rot or welds anywhere. I took it apart, stripped and painted everything, even bought all new decals, grips and spindle covers. This machine looks better than new and runs awesome!!! Trust your judgement!!!!

By the way the guy that traded this unit in bought a new 52" hydro with the big honda motor....>drool!!!