Used Scag 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Organix, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

Used Scag 36 belt drive, 13 hp Kohler, 1 year old, owner said he used a few hours a week on one of his properties, looks very clean besides scratches on the side of deck. Sounded perfect started on first pull, spindles looked good. He wants $1800 with a catcher. Do you think it's a deal? I do kind of want a Scag over other brands because i like pistol grips.
  2. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

is that the one in the sac bee. I also went to go see it I thought it wasn't that bad of a deal. What part of sac are you in?
  3. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

hmm my first reply did not go thru. I'm in the North area. Where you at? Is this the one in Rocklin? I did not see it in the bee, which section of classified was it in? Are you thinking of buying it?
  4. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds like a good price to me, I'm not sure what a bagger would cost for that 36", any idea on what a bagger costs??

5. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

A grass gobbler would be around 250$ here.That sounds like a good price if it is good shape.Around here it would cost 2900$ new .
    Scag is a tough walkbehind built like a tank
  6. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

Yes thats the one. I saw it on, bty I live in the greenhaven/pocket area. Are you looking to pick up more work? I always get calls for quotes in the north area, I mostly work out of gold river and elk grove. If you send me your contact info the next time I get a call ill forward you the info.

Stone Creek Landscaping
  7. jhawk71

jhawk71 LawnSite Member

I have the same mower and I got my bagger from for $210. It was my first purchase so i either got 5 or 10 percent off cant remember. It is the scag cloth bag.
  8. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Not really that familiar with scag as there are very few in my neck of the woods, but I did see that my dealer had brand new exmark 36 belt drive 12.5 kaw pistols for 1885. Think they were also available with the 15 kol. For some reason that warranty just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
  9. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

LOL, If I lived in Flordia I'd probably buy that. Can't get that good of deal around here.

Hey thanks, Tramahor I'll take all the help I can get. :) Is that Cameilia you are getting all that equipment through? I read an old post of yours.

I'd love to pick up an old dethatcher and aerator.
  10. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

yes, I just bought a newer toro aerator, Ill sell you the ryan aerator and the dethatcher at a good price if you are interested. call me 916-215-lawn