Used Scag Pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BOMBAG, Mar 2, 2008.

1. BOMBAG

BOMBAG LawnSite Member

Wondering if anyone has a "base line" price guide for used Scag mowers. I've been looking for several months and found a 2002 48" ZTR w/ 960 hours on it. The owner didn't know what they wanted for it, so I offered $2800.00 to start the bidding. Too high? I have been unable to find a fairly good price guide. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

if can get for that you made aa heck of a deal don't see it going for less than 4500 if its a tiger cub

3. BOSCHERT LAWN CARE

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

you made an offer in the right area....i looked at a tiger cub 48" with 520 hrs. is for $3700. last week

4. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.mowpart.com/green-guide-i-5.html ck this site out got some pricing on used ZTRS and seem to help alot like someone else said 45oo fopr a good used cub is a norm I have to 24 honda on a 52 cub with 1000 hrs and i would take no less than 5 grand IF i was selling it and thats on the low end

5. BOMBAG

BOMBAG LawnSite Member

I'll check out that site chuck bow. thanks for all the replies so far.
    Chuck...I see you're a dedicated Scag man...and from Muncie (I'm from Terre Haute), how do the Scags hold up as far as when you get up and over 1000 hours? Are replacement parts expensive? Are there any "known issues". Thanks.

6. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

You are right iam a dedicated Scag man and have run them for 15 yrs Have ran walks for as high as 2300 hrs before trading or selling them I dont worry much at all when they hit 1000 hrs Parts are readly available and not any pricier than any other mower brand Scag stands behind there product 100% and Customer service is Job 1 Ck out my dealer down in Indy nice nice man www.RE-POWER.com

7. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

heck.,..i've been trying to get one for that price..most wnat way more!

8. freshcut419

freshcut419 LawnSite Member

I just sold my 2003 scag tiger cub with a 23 hp and bagging unit with 1800 hrs on it for 4000 .Sold it to the first guy that looked at it......Im in michigan now . When I was in south florida i could only get 2500 offers for it scew florida....

9. freshcut419

freshcut419 LawnSite Member

By the way I switched to grasshoppers much better cut from them ....

10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Ahhhh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ding ding ding you are right about the scag cut! They dont cut very good compared to alot of other mowers! I am glad somebody finally came right out and said it. Even the well known guy on here "Tacoma" has said the velosity deck doesnt cut as clean as other mowers he has used. Scag die hards crack me up. Ours has been a terrible cutting breaking down POS and it has less than 400 hours on it.