Used Scag value ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MX 158, Jan 25, 2003.

1. MX 158

MX 158 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    I was wanting to know how much you think a Scag Turf Tiger is worth,I think its about 4 or 5 years old. The mower is in great condition, I know the owner very well and have worked for him doing odd jobs since I was a teen. It is a 60 inch with a 22 horse kawi, 280 hours , always kept inside & maintaned on a regular basis.
    I was looking at buying a new machine, not necessarily a Scag,but if I can get a good deal I think it would be a good way to get started a little cheaper. I also have a Scag dealer pretty close, the mower has only been used for residential.
    Thanks for your guestimates in advance.

2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

I know up here that new would sell for approx $8k. That 22 is small on a 60 most go at least 25 or higher here. I take it this machine does not have the advantage deck? I have seen these mowers selling for around $4k here and i thought that was a lil high. Scag has improved thier machines from the deck to the hydros to controls and engine options. I personally wouldnt buy used.

3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

$2890-3,400MAX

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

MX where in IN are ya?
    Eric

5. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Only 50 or 60 hours per year, that is pretty amazing? Home owners with a z would log more hours then that in most cases.

If it really does have that many hours, 4,000 is not terrible much. I had a 52 H2O cooled with standard deck and had lots of trouble with hydro pumps, drive shaft, not the best cut. I would probably only pay a max of 3,000 to 3,500 depending on condition.

Jay

6. MX 158

MX 158 LawnSite Member

Bushhogboy,
    I'm in Mitchell, probably alittle over an hour from you.