Used Scag Z: Buy or Buy New??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by koop, Jun 5, 2007.

1. koop

koop LawnSite Member

48"
    19HP KAWI
    538 Hours
    3rd or 4th owner
    New belts

Asking $4500

New (no negotiation) $6900

What do you think? Must act act fast, used does not stick around long!!

2. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

whered you find this at? that is a good price..i would jump on it...

for what you need, this is more than enough...plus its a scag haha

3. greentek9

greentek9 LawnSite Member

i bought a 2005 scag with 15 hours on it, 24hp briggs, in the begining of the year and i dont like it, the 48's deck is centered and doesnt help at all with getting close to objects. its got about 150 hours on it, id sell it for 5300. its nice having a z mower but if a 48 is the largest you need, id say get a new walkbehind. but if ur interested email me at gtklawn1@yahoo.com, it aint going anywhere

4. koop

koop LawnSite Member

Thanks for the offer, but Cincinnati is too far for me. This mower is 15 minutes from home. I just do not know what average depreciation is on something like this Tiger Cub.

Someone please help. Daylight is ending fast today.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

There is no such thing as a new mower price that is (non negotiable). The used one may be a good deal I don't know but new prices are always on the table for negotiations. Maybe not at that dealer though. If you are financing there are great deals on new ones. Third or fourth owner at 538 hrs??????????

6. koop

koop LawnSite Member

3 or 4 owners sounds a little fishy, right. Just to clarrify, when I said no negotiation, that was the price given to me over the phone before I went there and negotiated. Thanks for the help Tacoma.

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats cool, a lot of people never try to negotiate. It may just be a coincidence but that many owners traded or selling it in 500 hrs sends up a red flag for me. Just trying to help.

8. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

PASS to high,no warranty $4500 hard cash no.

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

That many owners with that low of hours is NOT a good sign... I'd go for the new one.

10. koop

koop LawnSite Member

Huge help! Just confirmed my gut feeling. Now I just need to decide which model to buy. Local dealer could not be more ready to help. Just can't decide if Tiger is worth $2000+ more than than CUB.