Used Scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FARMERlawn03, Apr 8, 2003.

1. FARMERlawn03

FARMERlawn03 LawnSite Member

What should I pay for a 1999 Scag Turf tiger with 170 hours with a 22 horse power kohler?
    Is it worth it or should I fianance another mower. My 60 in. gravely has about had it. I also have two great dane surfers (52in.) but want a new rider. I dont know what to get.
    Exmark? Scag? Toro? Need some advice please!:confused:

2. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

If you want another 52inch mower ,id suggest the exmark lazer z hp.
    Its a excellent mower side discharges excellent stripe absolutely great.put a ultra vac on it you got A great leaf picker upper in the fall .
    Great all around mower

3. FARMERlawn03

FARMERlawn03 LawnSite Member

thanks ill look into it

4. slyfox

slyfox LawnSite Member

Hello - Just joined and wanted to see if I post ok

5. e-RoK

e-RoK LawnSite Member

I thought that Exmark & Toro were basically the same machine except for a few small differences. But I wouldn't go with a Dane if I had the choice of the other two mowers. From my 5 years in mowing I've had the best preformance from Exmarks. IMHO that is.

6. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

get a scag buddy an spend your money wisely exmark cant hold a candle to scag products!!

7. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

Ive run scagg turf tigers and tiger cubs and examrk lazer z's and lazer z hp's and you got that back *$$ backward scag couldnt hold a jar for a exmark to piss in.

8. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

I have a 2000 w/ 800 hrs on it and paid 3000 for it. It is 61" 25hp. -- Thats the going rate for used machines around here (if you can find one thats not whooped).

9. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

i'll run circles around ya !!