Used Scags Mower...(pics)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lurch, Mar 7, 2007.

1. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

I have come across a used Scags mower...I'm just starting out so this would help out a little while I grow a little more....

As you can tell by the pics this mower is very used and in need of a little TLC...

The only problem is the guy is asking $1500....I don't know much about the commercial side of equipment so I don't know if this is right....From looking at it I would guesstimate the value around $600-700....I may be shooting low but I don't know...

Any help would be welcomed....Thanks Guys....

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Does it run? It looks as old as the hills. That guy is a little proud of his mower asking 1500. If I was desperate I might offer him 300-500. But really he should pay you to take it. I would keep looking.
  3. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

It runs fine....foward and reverse....guy is about to replace belts to get it back to proper cutting status....
  4. newtex

newtex LawnSite Member

Run away... I searched for three months and found a residentally used four year old Gravely in great condition for $900. You can get a very nice mower for $1500.
  5. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

1,500.00 for that sounds like a rip off. I would do a little more searching in your areas classified section of the newspaper.
  6. Dempsey7

Dempsey7 LawnSite Member

I would deffinetly look around more. You can get a much nicer/better mower for 1500. Just keep looking something descent is bound to come up. Good luck

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

if you pay 1,500 for this mower ill kick you in the balls, lol
  8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Way too much.

300-500 for it and not one penny more. I'd even say no more than 400 bucks depending on how it runs.
  9. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

That is what I figured...The guy says "I'm really just selling it for a guy, but i'm sure he'll let it go for a little less".....this guy has done me right in the past i just don't know his deal now.....

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

little less, how about a thousand less, lol