1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Used Scags Mower...(pics)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lurch, Mar 7, 2007.

1. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

wow...300 bucks, nothing more. better yet, just keep looking, there are definately better mowers out there.

2. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

Yea...but i'm just starting out....i'm really good mechanically so maintenance on this machine would be cheap...

I know you guys are just trying to help me out...I just know that this would cut my time drastically seeing as i'd be going from a 21" deck to about a 50"..

right now I just need something bigger without spending a ton of cash....
    my business took off faster than i thought with everyone wanting their lawn either scalped or just trimmed....

3. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

Hey Texan....I just realized you are in Weatherford...I'm right down 30 from you...i went to Reese's Mower shop for a mower a little while back....if you know where that is.....

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

yeah but what were telling you is you can def find a much better mower for the same price if not cheaper then this piece of crap, lol

5. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

i'm sure if i go to this guy and tell him he's insane he'll realize i found out a little more about the mower....if i tell him $400 he'll prolly jump on it just to get it out of his shop....

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

im not going to lie to you man, even if he dropped this mower down to 400 **** even 300 i wouldent buy it, its a heap of ****, lol but het man do what you want its your money, would i buy it??????hell no!!!!!1 but if you like it then go for it.

7. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

thanks for the advise....i'm just strapped and i'm looking for the best deal possible

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Tell him that you want charge to haul it away for him. Don't buy that piece of crap. You'll find something lots better for the same money.

9. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

i would never pay $1500 for that p.o.s....i was asking if i could get it down to a reasonable price ($300-400) if it would be worth it....is anyone actually familar with this mower?

10. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member