Used Scags Mower...(pics)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lurch, Mar 7, 2007.

1. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

You can find a commerial walkbehind in alot better condition for the same money on ebay. I wouldn't offer him any more than $300 because from the looks of it you will spend that and more to fix it up. I wouldn't want to show up at any of my customers lawns with that pile of junk. I keep my mowers looking good at all times, image is very important and so is quality work.
  2. lawnguy268

lawnguy268 LawnSite Member

that thing is older than dirt..
  3. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

Man I thought mine looked old. That thing looks like it cut it's last blade of grass ten years ago. Mine's twenty years old and it looks better than that and I bought it for 400. It runs solid - no problems. Look at Ebay and craig's list
  4. lawnboy150

lawnboy150 LawnSite Member

i wouldnt your money. you are going to dump a lot into that mower & its still old.
  5. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

:nono: :nono: :nono: $1500...Id give him a gallon of gas and probably light the match for him.
  6. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

You should listen to what all are telling you. You sound like your trying to sell us on you buying it. You don't want advice you want someone to agree with the decision to buy. Walk away. What are you going to look like backing the rust bucket off the trailer and cutting someone's lawn. How can you charge professional rates with a mower like that. Keep pushing the 21 and then go buy one of the mowers in the link you posted.
  7. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

The Murray tractor in the pic I think would be a better deal,if that is a real scag,don't remember seeing one with those controls.