used spray equipment

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by doclt, Oct 4, 2003.

1. doclt

doclt LawnSite Member

what a great site--came onto it by chance.

i am brand new to the spray business, in fact i have just completed the necessary testing here in washington state and am looking for a reliable spray tank and associated equipment--preferably 200 to 300 gallons. would any of you have any suggestions or equipment for sale.

with all the valuable info i have already came across i feel like i owe something.
    thanks doclt.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

doclt

Welcome to Lawn Site. Hope you enjoy.

There is a search button on the top of the page. Left Click on it. You can enter spray tanks and read a couple of hundred posts about them and where to buy them. I am not trying to be short. I am just trying give you the best answer. Good Luck

3. doclt

doclt LawnSite Member

thanks ric, there is a lot of information out there regarding liquid fert. i would imagine all geographic areas differ with when to apply, what to apply to get the most for our clients. is this the case and where would be the best place to search out such info.--i just want to represent this business well and with all the info on this site i don't see a problem reaching such a goal.--doclt.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

doclt

Don't get caught up in the TG/CL liquid thing. Most liquids are fast release and give a boom then bust. Liquids are good for quick response. Slow release granules will give the best long term response. However soil types are the real factor here. Except for foliar fert (35 gallons per acre of less) we fertilize the soil in which our plants grow. Soil samples can tell us what the soil needs or doesn't need.

Link to Lawnsite post discussing soil and fertilizer

5. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

6. tennissippi

tennissippi LawnSite Member
    from zone 7b

Honestly don't waste your money on a used 200-300 gallon spray tank. Get the PERMA-GREEN ride on sprayer/spreader. They aren't too expensive and you can cover more ground twice as fast as a hose-end-sprayer....plus your not exhausted at the end of the day from spraying/spreading.