1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Used the Perfaerator this week!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by timsjeep, Mar 25, 2004.

1. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

Well, I finally got to use my new Walker Perfaerator this week. All I can say is WOW. This thing is a great time saver. I used two Blue Birds from the rental shop last year on one of my properties and it took 4.5 hours with both machines going. This year I used one Blue bird and the perf. and it only took 1 hour. It is a PITA to load on/off the trailer, but get it to grass and it is sweet. Its very maneuverable and does a very nice job of plugging. I am never going through an aeration season with out it. Just thought I would post a review for all who think it looks good but had heard negative feedback. I can see that if someone did not know how to use it correctly, they would not like it. It can be very destructive, however, used properly it is a very nice machine. Tim

2. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

I have a millcreek front mount aerator for the walker and I think it is the worst thing I've ever purchased.

Very hard to manuver and dosen't seem to get decent size plugs pulled...

Looks cool as hell though... I'll get a pic posted in a few....

Would love to try a perferator...
  3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Have you gotten to use the walkbehind yet???
  4. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

I have. Very impressive. I really like it. I will know more after I have used it more. I only have about an hour on it. It sure is smooth. Tim
  5. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Cool, I'm trying one out tomorrow!!!
  6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Tim, can the perfaerator be mounted to the wb?
  7. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

I am not sure the 15 hp Kawi would have enough balls to work the perfaerator. It would mount up though. I think it really needs to be with at least a 20 hp motor. That sure would be cool though. tim

LB Landscaping - Did you try one out? If so, what did you think. tim
  8. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Hey Tim, I did. Tried it out this afternoon, I loved the way it handles, really smooth, sulky works great too. I just don't like the idea of not being able to bag or mulch. dealer said it will mulch but won't leave a great cut. Grass gets pretty thick up here so I need something that can handle it, especially when it's wet out.
  9. JethroBodine

JethroBodine LawnSite Member
    from IL

What is the cost of a Walker perfaerator??

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

all nice and shiny any pics of it in action?