Used too much KILLEX...grass is dead too

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Liquidfast, May 28, 2007.

1. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I spot sprayed with way too much Killex . I killed the grass....is there any hope of it returning? Actually, the grass is just yellowish. It is not completely dead but darn close.

Any suggestions on bringing it back short of sodding?

2. EdTLawn

EdTLawn LawnSite Member

Wow, and you are a senior member ?

I guess try watering the crap out of it and hit it with some iron to see if will turn back green.

3. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

What is Killex? It sounds like a generic Roundup. If so the grass is probably dead also.

4. EdTLawn

EdTLawn LawnSite Member

Killex is 2,4-D and mecoprop amine base selective herbicide. Using too much concentrate on one spot will yellow the grass also.

For non-selective spot kills, I find 5% household vinegar is more effective and faster than any of those Round-Up and Wipe-Out products. It turns the weeds brown 2 hours flat compared to 5-6 days for those crazy expensive products. If you can find 10-20% strength vinegar it will do the job even better.

5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Keep watering heavily and do NOT mow it down...It will come back. It will take a few weeks, though.

7. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

try char zrob @ lesco it nuertilizes some chem