Used Toro 52" Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rcav8er, Nov 18, 2002.

1. rcav8er

rcav8er LawnSite Member

Hi Guy's I need alittle advice. I'm looking at a used 52" Toro Hydro. walkbehind with a 20 HP Kohler on it. I don't know what year it is but it is a T-Bar with a floating deck. The mower has about 750 hours on it. My question is, has this mower been reengined because I can't find any info on anything bigger than a 17 HP on the 52". The mower comes with a Velke and it looks to be in great condition. I can get this mower for about 2300.00.
    Is this a good deal and what things should I look for?

2. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

The twin cylinder kohler 20 hp was the big motor when that one was made.I have a 44" gear drive made around the same time. 97 was the last year for that engine as far as know.I think it sounds a little pricey for a mower that old but I'm sure that prices vary depending on wher you are.My 44 is that old and has at least twice that many hours on it and the only thing I can see it needing is a new set of spindles.I know a guy who has one just like the one your looking at . It has been his main mower for six years and he hasen't had any big problems with it.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Thats pretty high for 750 hour mower in my opinion.
  4. rcav8er

rcav8er LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. At least now I have a idea of what it may be worth. Thanks again.