Used Toro Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfinator, May 12, 2002.

1. turfinator

turfinator LawnSite Member

I went to check out some lawn equipment at a pawn shop the other day. They had 5 Toro Super recyclers that were selling for $179 Canadian or about $110 US funds. They looked like they had been looked after but they were definitely used. I was looking for something to replace my Crapsmen for home use. Do you think this would be a decent purchase. They all had bags and were 5hp motors.

2. Hillsman

Hillsman LawnSite Member

I would think so as long as the mower was not stolen. That could lead you down a path you dont want to take.

3. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

they are pretty decent mowers, I ran one for some while that I got used, recently I gave it to my dad to use on his yard.....It still works well.

4. GreenIsland

GreenIsland LawnSite Member

These in general are great mowers. Of course buying anything used can be a gamble -- One trouble area to loook for is worn out height adjustments -- for some reason toro just never wanted to get this right-- anyway if these have scraped alot of metal due to switching heights it causes them to slip while mowing-- although if you have this problem they do sell bolt on kits to remedy this. Other wise these machines tend to be bullet proof. Haved used a 1993 model commerically to this date-- only blades and oil have been put in to it--Good Luck