1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Used Toro pricing... very confused.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cuts, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Friend is selling out... he has 3 WB's Toro's ... two 36"'s and one 48"... All three mowers - 2 years old... barely used (under 150 hrs), garaged kept. Scale of 1-10 condition... I'd say 8's across the board. Paint - perfect, and well kept. He told me to make him an offer.... Total or seperate.

I have no idea about Toro. New pricing, used... etc.

Any ideas...????
  2. K&M Lawn Care

K&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I would think you should start out at the Toro dealer and find out what you could get them for in your area new and adjust from there.

Are you thinking about buying all three? If not, we are going to be in the market for another WB this year and might be interested.
  3. Carolina Cuts

I was hoping for at least two... 36, 48. I already have a 52" Z in which I use on everylawn, but have a few propertys where it's really not necessary to put that machine on. He thinks he paid somewhere around $3200.00/per 36" two years back, but that sounds like alot to me for a new 36".
    I'm just stuck because they are really in good shape... resulting in what could be a high (used) price... where I might as well buy a new snapper 36" or Lesco 36" for around $2500.00
  4. Green Edge

Green Edge LawnSite Member

If they were Hydros then that probably was the price but for the belt drive fixed decks they run for about $2,500 new the 48" is a few hundred more new. If you were to buy all three I would say $4,500 at the absolute most. Toros are great mowers, i have 2 32" W/B with at least 500 hrs with never a problem.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

A good pricing indicator for "USED" is HALF of the "LIST" price when NEW.
  6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

New that would be about right. I just paid close to 4k for my 05 Exmark Metro HP. Like some one said in here before half of "sticker price" is a good start.
  7. Carolina Cuts

I was thinkin "half" but he was insulted cause of the condition of the mowers. They're all 'floating decks' with T-bar's ... I'll just hold out a few more weeks. His wife is pregnant with twins... so he may adjust a little.payup