Used Toro Walkbehind advice?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rcav8er, Dec 10, 2002.

1. rcav8er

rcav8er LawnSite Member

I'm in need of some educated advice on purchasing a used walkbehind. I'm looking at a 52" Toro Hydro with a 20 HP Kohler and Hydro cooler. The mower has 730 hrs on the meter and looks to be in good all around condition. It has a T-Bar control system and operated smoothly. The spindals are in good condition don't seem to show any signs of wear - yet. Does $1850 sound out of range this mower?
    Any advice on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

What year is it? Does it have a factyory installed hour meter? I would take it to your dealer for a look. If you are buying it from a dealer? Then I would ask for some kind of warranty.
  3. EHesseyLawns

EHesseyLawns LawnSite Member

ive got one toro right now that is workin on year 14 and is in great condition...toro makes great mowers....i prefer the belt drive over hydro tho strictly because it is easier for me to repair than a hydro...but 1800 is a steal! take it and run! yea but who are you buying from and such? it's a good deal!!! i would buy it
  4. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

If it came my way i would buy it. Sounds good to me.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

That's not a lot of hours and 20hp for a 52" deck is plenty of power. $1850??? I'd buy before someone else does.
  6. rcav8er

rcav8er LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies guy's, and the advice. The mower does have a factory installed hour meter and I'm not sure but I think it's about a 96' model.
    Thanks again for the advice.:D
  7. $5000 plus brand spanking new...

Don't count on any kind of a warrenty at all.

All warrenties are given by the MFG, not the dealer.

Never know might get lucky, but the next guy who walks in the door will take it as is.