used trac vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Angelo, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Angelo

Angelo LawnSite Member

I was looking into buying a used trac vac but wasn't sure how long they have been lasting people to see if its worth it? Would a 1,000 hours be fare to say or 5 fall/spring seasons? I try to buy only new but its not in the budget. I am looking at two of them one is a 470 the other is for a Z but I am not sure on the model. The guy claims to have about 100hrs on them.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Angelo
    If I'm The guy It's Been Sold.
    John.

But If I'm Not they Last At Least 5 Years.

3. Angelo

Angelo LawnSite Member

No your not the one, but to bad I probably could have saved on shipping then. Thanks I am assuming the machines have been used for 2 years based on looks, otherwise they may have been left outside a bit. In either case it sounds like it may be worth it. Thanks

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I currently have 6 Trac Vacs (4 of them are 470's for WB's). All of them are over 5 years old...a couple closer to 9 or 10. I have never had any problem with them standing up.

5. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, if ur talking about the one on Ebay right now.. It's mine...

6. Angelo

Angelo LawnSite Member

Ya I was looking at the one on ebay Moose, I hope you can drive faster than I can cause I am almost at the guys house. I did look at that one but I hate to buy something used that i can't test. first. Mine is in NY it is an old ebay post that no one bid on. Now don't go searchin for it cause that one is mine. Besides I heard that the one on ebay is all rusted out inside/bent up/and he used that system to collect rocks I wouldn't buy it. LOL

7. MOOSE

No, I meant it is mine that I'am selling.. I hope people aren't saying that about mine about being all rusted and bent up.

It has rust in couple spots but It doesn't look abused and runs great..

8. Angelo

Angelo LawnSite Member

No , I just didn't want you to buy it. I was kidding about the rocks/rust/anything else.

9. MOOSE

OK, Thanks Angelo

Hope you like the one your buying..