Used Trailer Sites?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Expert Lawns, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I'm looking to buy a used 14 or 16ft trailer. Preferrably enclosed, but will probably go with an open trailer due to my budget. What are some good sites to look at? Tried ebay and yahoo with minimal luck. THanks

2. Shannon Phillips

Shannon Phillips LawnSite Member
    from indiana

You have mail!

Thanks, Shannon

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto.......................

4. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know what your budget is and I know you said used but check into www.johnstrailersales.com this is where I bought mine (6x10 out the door 1750) they can usualy work something out for you within your budget if you email them.
    [​IMG]

5. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Matt,
    Those are some excellent prices on the enclosed trailers, thanks for the link. I am interested in the Patriot enclosed car hauler by us cargo. Is that the brand you have? Does anybody have any experience with that brand?

Thanks,
    Adam

6. Groundcover Solutions

I have the haulen model but I would assume it is pretty much the same. When I picked mine up I got it directly from the factory. Which was a us cargo factory, I just think the off brand name they use a little less quiality material but for me it works great. I don't need all the bells and wistles.

7. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Matt,
    Thank you for the help!! I think i will be making a trip out their in the next week or two. The price for a 8.5 x 20' enclosed is about $2,800 cheaper through them than what i can get it for around here. Thanks for the great website.

Adam

8. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I think I am looking to do the same!

The prices are drastically cheaper than around here !

Adam, How long do you think it's going to take you to get out there?

9. Groundcover Solutions

You can save a few hundered more by purchasing it from them and picking it up at the factory. All you do is call tell them what you want the take a deposit with a credit card mine was only 100 then you pay the rest when you pick it up at the factory.

10. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

expertlawns, what ever you do, see the trailer first, I bought one on e-bay, I got a great deal, it's a great trailer, I just couldn't see the imperfections in the paint job,

I/E paint on the fenders came off in 1 trip from Iowa to MN.

anyhow make sure you get some kind of warranty!

In all honesty,......all of us on the site are looking for a "great Deal"!!!
    some will travel hundreds of miles to save $500 bucks, others will hire some one to deliver, and I'll bet anyone hear can relate, ........how many problems accured because we were trying to save a few bucks???
    Be honest!!! how many times did our "money saving" ploys back fire on us??

Spend the extra money, buy it from a local dealer!! Trust me, it will pay off in the long run!!

For some reason that old saying goes a long way,...'You get what you pay for"

so true!