1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Used Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ACA Lawn Care, Apr 16, 2004.

1. ACA Lawn Care

ACA Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I found a used trailer. It is very well made. It is a 6'6"x16. The metal is very thick. Trailer is 7 years old. Wood flooring has 2 holes in which he covered with plywood. He also has some treated lumber he would let me have. All tires are good except 1 and it just gets low. It has the car ramps (2). I offered him $500 for it. He said, It's a deal. It this a good deal or am I too high. Thanks for opinions.

2. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Sounds like a good deal to me.

3. harley29710

harley29710 LawnSite Member

Is it made with angle iron or channel? Channel gives better strength but also makes it heavier. Depends on what you intend to do with it. Either way the price sounds like a heck of a deal.

4. ACA Lawn Care

ACA Lawn Care LawnSite Member

It is 2x3 angle iron. I would say it was 1/4 inch thick. I could be lying to you, but it is awfully thick.. How much for new treated wood this trailer

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

BUY IT NOW!!!! I paid $1250 for a 5x10 single axel w/o breaks. Do it while it's cheap.

6. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

Buy it, it's a car trailer right? I just bought one too. 2x3 angle on the sides like you said. It'll make a nice lawn trailer. I have put rails all the way around mine, ramp gate on the back and a 52" side gate on the right front. Still have to put the new floor in. I paid $500 and with the steel and new lights, paint, etc. have about $750 in it. I'll have about $1,000 when I finish. A new one with two gates around here the same size runs about $1,800. I'll post some pics soon.

7. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

Oh yeah, I made the gate hinges so that I can lower the gates, slide them over and totally remove the gate if I wanted too. I am going to fix the two ramps with the same kind of hinge so I can slip the rear gate off and slip the ramps on to load a small tractor. I think the gate would probably hold but just to be safe.