Used truck Financing

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by AWJ Services, Aug 30, 2013.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I have been trying too get in one but right now there are not availible too me. The ones I have talked too will not touch med and heavy duty trucks however.

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I have not found anyone that will do medium or heavy trucks at a rate or terms that isn't ridiculous.

My credit union will do up to a 550 but that is it. They did give me a good rate at less than 5% for a used truck.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

You guys really need to shop around for a better bank. My bank gave me 5.5%, for 48 months, on a 1993 Chevy Kodiak 7500, that I bought to pull gooseneck trailers. They also financed 100% of the truck cost. This truck is 20 years old.

4. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

I've been looking for a spare back up truck recently. I think what I am going to do is talk to my credit card company. I have had the card for probably 15 years and they are always paid in full every month. In the past I have asked if they were running any cash advance promotions. The last time I did it I believe they gave me around $5K one year interest free. I then make sure to pay it off in 11 months and don't end up paying any interest on the loan. I don't recall if there were any fees associated with it but if there are, I'm sure it's less than paying interest. I still have to finalize a deal with the guy then I will work with the CC company.

I'm currently looking at a truck for $9500. Plan on putting half down and trying the credit card thing with the rest. I hate taking the whole truck cost out of my account when winter is not very far away.

5. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Are you seeing same problems with credit unions? I find them pretty easy to deal with.

6. AWJ Services

from Ga

They generally do not venture into commercial loans like a med/ heavy duty trucks. At least not here.

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

There where 10 failed banks in Texas. There where 88 banks failed in Ga. Do the math!