Used Walker price check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rixtag, Mar 19, 2004.

1. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

A used 1993 48" 20 hp Kohler with 982 hours. Average wear on the deck edges and the hopper appears to be in good shape. I haven't driven it or heard it run yet. Any estimates on the value of this machine. Owner is asking $3300.00 What things should I be looking for on a machine like this? It's for my father in law or I wouldn't be asking.

Thanks

2. griffin16

griffin16 LawnSite Member

I would never buy a mower that was 11 years old. The hours seem a little low even for a home owner one lawn user. and I would check every hyrdo seal and bushings for excessive wear. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

3. rixtag

from Lehi Ut

Thanks Griffin. I appreciate the info.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The price could be a bit high. If it was a homeowner unit and had good service then it should be a good unit. The motor should last to 2000 hours. I think that is the old style deck, dosen't tilt up for blade change or cleaning. Look it over very close for wear,deck thickness, feel in the blower housing for groves, check the extension between the blower and the hopper.

Gene

5. rixtag

from Lehi Ut

Thanks Gene I appreciate it.

6. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

That mower would be worth between 1,500 and 2,000. Something is just waiting to break on that machine.

Best of Luck

7. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 93 model that is in great shape I bought from a home owner to use as a back up unit last year it came with 2 decks (48, and a 2001-62,) I paid $2700.00 for it and havent had any problems with it "YET", I think the price is somewhat high, just my opinion.

Tim