Used Walker price....what do you think?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nlminc, Apr 2, 2003.

1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I found a used 2001 Walker 26EFI 42" deck and a 52" side discharge, 9.5 bushel catcher with 1084hrs. He wants $5,900.00.

Also has a 36" toro floating deck 12.5 kawi. with catcher (2 yrs old), 48" scag belt drive, 11.5 hp Honda pressure washer (1 yr old). 6x12 landscape traler with racks on both sides and a basket (enclosed) in the front. Misc. trimmers and some tools (echo) ....asking $10,900.00 including the above Walker. Say's he'll make me a deal if I buy it all.

What do you guys think? The dealer quoted me $9800.00 including taxes for a new Walker 42" deck and 9.5 bushel catcher. Exmark hydro 36" floating for 4200.00

Risk the used stuff??
  2. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

how many hours on the walker? i am not familiar with the walkers but it sounds like a good price.
  3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Offer him $5500 a take it!
  4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Sounds pretty decent. Do you have a dealer nearby that can service it?? I'd have them take a quick look over it, if they have been servicing it regularly they will know the history of it and if there are any issues.
  5. nlminc

from GA

It has 1085 hours on it. There is a dealer nearby, he was warning me about the "hazzards" of buying used ya know!
  6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I think it's a fair price. I would always try and talk them down though. :cool:
  7. nlminc

from GA

8. The Plant Poet

The Plant Poet LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Sounds like a buch of junk to me! :D

I'm in the Atlanta area. You should go with the new stuff and let me take a look at that junk. It's probably been sitting in public storage somewhere. lol
  9. nlminc

from GA

:D Bill, I took your advice! Will be loading that new Walker and Exmark hydro tomorrow. Not sure about the hand held stuff though.leaning toward Echo. You know who was knocking them all the way down Bells Ferry trying to convince me to stick with Stihl.

paged you tonight to let ya know before I saw your wise@#* post here.