Used Walker vs. Used Exmark Navigator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by amanda8950, Aug 5, 2007.

1. amanda8950

amanda8950 LawnSite Member

I need to get a zero turn rider but can not afford the new mower price tags right now. I have an Exmark local dealer to me and a Walker dealer about 30 minutes from me. I have talked myself into a front mount which leaves with me just those options as far as the dealers. I have found an '05 Exmark with 330 hours, 27 hp, 48" deck, decent shape for about $5500. The best deal I could find on a Walker was an older model ( not sure of the year ) with 625 hours, 25 hp non EFI, decent shape with a 6 month warranty for $6800.

With that many more hours, is the Walker still worth the extra money ? If I were buying new and had the money, I like the Walkers better and have heard more good about the Walkers than the Exmarks, but the Exmark sounds like a better deal to me.

Thoughts ???????

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Iv'e ran Walkers and demoed a Navigator. All I can say is BUY THE WALKER! SImply easier to operate and most certianly more "proven" in the industry. Also there's a laundry list of accessories available for the Walker, and NONE for the Exmark. There has to be a good reason why the Exmark is selling for such a low price (around HALF of new) when it's got such low hours.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, definitely get the Walker.

4. amanda8950

amanda8950 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the quick input guys. Keep it coming.

5. ztrlvr

ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US

That statment sums it up. One can say this about a Walker or That about a Navigator but when it comes down to it the market will dictate the real value of an item. It works on all items, boats, cars, you name it.

6. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

year should be on the serial # plate. Keep looking, that doesn't sound like a good deal....you should be able to pick up a decent used MT GHS for around $4-5k.