Used Walker vs Used Toro 355

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Self_Paid1, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Self_Paid1

Self_Paid1 LawnSite Member

The couple of Walkers i'm looking at range from 1,200-1,800 original hours 1998-2002

The Toro 355 has a brand new engine and the Toro has 900 hours on the whole unit

Which would be the best the prices are around I want to get a Bagger by the end of the week before the Fourth
  2. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

u wont be dissapointed with a Walker, althoyugh the hours are getting up there pretty high.
  3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

What is a Toro 335 I googled it closest thing I could find was a totor 335 reel mower?, I just cannot stand Toro equipment, but those are high hours for a Walker, and I would be very careful making sure that everything on the Walker you choose is in good working order the parts are expensive, and Walker keeps a tight lid on who has access to their parts.
  4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Not sure if a high hour Walker is a wise choice but I would run from that Toro.
  5. moores

moores LawnSite Member
    from RI

I have a 2004 walker 26 efi that has just hit over 2800 hrs last week and I have had no major problems with it at all but I am very strict on maintenance
  6. Self_Paid1

Self_Paid1 LawnSite Member

yeah the hours on the different mowers are what im afraid of the toro has 1 hour on the motor