Used Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freepoint15, Jan 16, 2003.

1. freepoint15

freepoint15 LawnSite Member

Looking at purchasing a 2 year old Wright Stander 36.It seems to be in good condition-have demoed it on concrete-was too wet to take to grass-started and ran well.What would be a good price and what is the life expectancy for this unit?

2. GraZHopA

GraZHopA LawnSite Senior Member

I too have been looking at the Wright Stander 36" "yellow" mower with some interest. The one I was looking at had a 17hp Kaw with electric start. The price was about $4,400 but it was last years model. Everyone on here seems to think that a used mower is worth about 50% of new price. If that is the case I would think is would be worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $2200 or less if the one you are looking at does not have electric start. Just my humble opinion I hope it helps.

3. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

It all depends on where its been. hours and so forth.
    I would buy used but only if all the blocks were checked and my standards are pretty high becasue we just can't afford the downtime.

4. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Dear Freepoint, the only thing I'd be causious about is the hydro belt drive. Make sure the spacing is appropriate. The only problem I've had w/ my Stander early on was the spacing was off so I threw 5 belts in 3 weeks. If the dealer did not check or used inferior belts then the owner may have been ticked and decided to dump it.

Other than that, should be a great little back yard system.

Cordially,
    S.

5. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Fla., the 17hp electric/pull kawaski 36"goes for $5500 new...I'll prolly buy one this summer