used xmark price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobby perez, Jul 20, 2002.

1. bobby perez

bobby perez LawnSite Member

Whadda you Fellas (or gals ) think about a used xmark about 6 years old 48 inch 14 horse . Haven'nt checked it out yet. what should I look for, Play in spindles Smoking engine. Oh I forgot the price they are asking ,700, and its belt driven. Kawasaki engine. thanks for you input . Bobby

2. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

If the overall unit is in good shape, it's a decent price. Figure what replacement costs are, like an engine, spindles etc... I picked up a 32" Bob-Cat minus the engine for $400 and put and engine on it. Of course, it could be ragged out. It could nickle and dime you to the point where you've rebuilt it.

3. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

check the blade spindles for any play...if so, they'll need to be replaced, a set of bearings for 1 blade assembly is around $30.00...check the engine at the bottom on the right side...if there is an oily residue in that area, chances are it needs a new gasket between the engine and the bottom plate, around $200.00....check the deck...if there are any stress cracks, ti can wear out the blade spindle bearings in a few months...I just bought a new 52" deck for $850.00...also, while looking at the deck, check the pulleys and clutches for any play...if so, they'll need to be replaced or new bearings...these checks should give you a good idea of what to look for, hope it helps... :blob3:

4. bobby perez

Guys thanks for your input . Checked it out today, It had one blade spindle with play in it . Other than that it seemed pretty decent. IT has a 12 horse kawasaki not 14 ,It was fb460. Picked it up for 675dollars. Again thanks for your cautions and wisdom.

5. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a pretty good deal ya figure a new 12 kaw gunna run ya about $600.00

6. bobby perez

If i can find another motor I would like to up the horse power, would would be decent 15 16 horses . Then drop a sulky or velky.

7. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

A 14hp Kawasaki would do the job....